Starting Tuesday, the Whiteside County Health Department (WCHD) SHIELD IL Drive-up community test site will again be by appointment-only.
Each person who wants to be tested must have their own date, a press release says. People without an appointment will be asked to return to their appointment time once it has been scheduled.
From next week, the site will be closed on Monday and will resume normal hours on Tuesday.
Normal hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm; Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed for public holidays.
WCHD SHIELD Community Testing Overview:
- Individuals will need a SHIELD Illinois account to book an appointment and view the results.
- A parent or guardian will need to create their own account and add a dependent to test people under 18. Check your dependent’s personal information and make sure your contact number is listed and SHIELD Community Testing is listed under the agency division (s). Otherwise, add an agency and use the community agency code below.
- Visit shieldilportal.pointnclick.com to create an account. The code of the community agency is: df5brbrj
- Log in to your account to make an appointment at shieldilportal.pointnclick.com
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, brush your teeth, or use mouthwash an hour before submitting your saliva sample.
- People tested before 1 p.m. should get results that evening. Results for anyone tested after 1 p.m. should be the following night.
- To reach the test tent, enter the northernmost parking lot and follow the cones.
- Results will only be available in your SHIELD Illinois account. Don’t call to get results.
For further assistance, people can call the SHIELD Illinois Patient Helpline at 217-265-6059 for help creating an account, making appointments, or viewing results.
Additional testing sites can be found here.