Without a pay appointment
It is VHA’s policy that medical facilities will reach a obligatory COVID-19 and Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program (Form VA 10-9050- Influenza Vaccine) by requiring all interns to receive annual COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination or to obtain exemption for reasons medical or religious (form VA 10-230 for COVID vaccination). Compliance with this directive is a condition of training at VA. Trainees who violate this directive may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from federal service.
For unpaid internships, the internship and the dates must be previously confirmed by the clinical or administrative department of Chillicothe VAMC. Academic Affairs will contact the intern with the integration requirements and schedule. All stages must be completed within the allotted time before the rotation start date. Please see above for links to forms, mandatory training, and other required information.
- Please click on the documents link above. Please electronically complete and sign Form 306, 10-2850D and Consent for Drug Testing (see links above)
The VA cares about the security of your Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Email me your forms. Here’s how…
1. From your personal email account, prepare an email to send to
2. In the body of the email, request an encrypted message.
3. Put your name in the subject line.
4. Without the attached forms, send the email.
5. We will respond to your email with an encrypted message.
6. Access the message, attach your forms and send the response.
It’s simple and secure.
- Please submit the Health Professions Trainee Checklist with required documents to your school’s program director
- Complete fingerprints for a background check in human resources at Chillicothe VAMC, Chillicothe, OH. The fingerprinting can be done in another VA closer to you than Chillicothe VAMC. Please contact the property to arrange. Please ensure that the Chillicothe VMAC SOI and SON numbers are on your fingerprint form (see above). Please inform the WOC Email Group of the date and location of your fingerprinting. Please click on the link above for fingerprint instructions for instructions and forms. Fingerprints should be taken at least six (6) weeks prior to the clinical start date. Please bring two pieces of ID (see above). Please contact HR to arrange fingerprinting at 740-773-1141 ext. 17555
- Take the online training called “VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees”. This requires you to create a new account on the VA Talent Management System (TMS). Take the training and email the certificate of completion to the WOC email group. Please click on the TMS link above or on the Mandatory training button on the left under Education and affiliations to access TMS training
- Please check with the CVAMC program contact point 2 weeks prior to the start date to ensure all documents have been completed
- If all requirements are not met by the rotation start date, the rotation will be canceled or rescheduled. There are no exceptions to this process.
- You will need to resend the location / date of the fingerprint, the application and the TMS certificate to the WOC mail group. No images, only attachments please.
Terms & Conditions
You will need to return the location / date of the fingerprints, the request and the TMS certificate. No images, only attachments please. Send these files to the WOC mail group.
Chillicothe VAMC Trainee Orientation Manual
Declaration of Federal Employment (OF-306)
Checklist for Trainees in Health Professions
Random notification and acknowledgment of drug tests
Form VA 10-230 Vaccination COVID-19
Form VA 10-9050 Influenza Vaccination
Local options for courtesy fingerprints not taken at Chillicothe
Local location numbers: