- Nearly 9 in 10 adults (89%) agree that having dental coverage:
- Gives them peace of mind.
- Provides relief from worrying about what they would do in a dental emergency.
- Among policyholders, almost all adults agree that their dental insurance saves them money (94%) and is well worth the cost (91%).
Inner calm during pandemic uncertainty
- The survey finds that most adults (81%) and parents (88%) agree that having dental insurance during the pandemic has given them peace of mind.
- Indeed, adults (68%) and parents (72%) appreciated having dental insurance more than ever during the pandemic.
- The research also indicates that, due in part to the pandemic, nearly 7 in 10 (69%) parents with a child who is not currently covered by dental insurance will get dental coverage in 2022.
“Our survey sheds light on the vast emotional and financial benefits for most adults and parents across United States associated with dental insurance,” said James W. Hutchison, President and CEO, Delta Dental Plans Association. “Delta Dental continues to partner with oral health professionals and the public in developing enhanced dental plans that focus on person-centered care. Innovative plans are based on a person’s health needs and provide the additional care to enrich overall health and quality of life.”
To read the full 2022 U.S. Oral Health and Wellness Report and learn more about the report’s methodology and findings, click here.
The 2022 America’s Oral Health and Wellness Report is based on research commissioned by Delta Dental and conducted between January 19 and January 28, 2022, by Material Holdings, LLC, a global information and strategy consulting firm. The research used an email invitation and online surveys from two audiences recruited through a panel of 1,172 parents of children ages 12 and under and 1,027 Americans ages 18 and older. more representative at the national level.
Quotas have been established to ensure a reliable and accurate representation of the US population of adults and parents of children 12 and under. The report has a margin of error of +/- 3%.
Follow us on twitter @DeltaDentaire and Facebook : Delta Dental Plan Association
About Delta Dental Plans Association
Situated at Oak Brook, Ill., Delta Dental Plans Association is the national, not-for-profit association of Delta Dental’s 39 independent companies. Through these companies, Delta Dental is the nation’s largest provider of dental insurance, covering more than 85 million Americans and offering the nation’s largest dental network with approximately 154,000 participating dentists. Over the past decade, Delta Dental companies have provided over $1.8 billion in direct and in-kind support to improve the oral health of our communities. Visit deltadental.com for information on individual dental insurance blueprints and group dental insurance plans.
SOURCE Delta Dental Plans Association